Tuesday, December 19, 2017

What's Penny Wearing? #149 Vintage "Campus Girl" Quilted Calico Bathrobe

I found the cutest vintage robe at Junkee in Reno, the last time Lori and I went up there to visit our friend Tamra.
We had such a great visit; we LOVE going up there to see her.
And I also got to meet her significant other Gordon, too, for the first time.
They have a lovely home, and she fixed us a wonderful dinner one night.
She also took us around to thrift shops - a favorite pastime, as you well know.
I always want to shop at Junkee, too - I know I'll find some cool vintage stuff in that fabulous shop.
Even though I am writing this very late, I wanted to say a very special thank you to Tamra and Gordon, from Lori and I, both!!
So - here's the vintage robe:
Quilted cotton, with lace trim on the collar and pockets...
Cute yellow buttons down the front:
The sweetest detail with a bow in the back.....
I'm virtually positive it's from the mid-to-late 1960's.
The label alone is one indication of date!
"Styled By Campus Girl, Inc."
Super-cute, totally "granny chic" ; hey - I'm a Granny and I'm cool with that!
And it even FITS me.
But I'm still trying to decide whether to keep it or sell it!

1 comment: