Saturday, October 3, 2015

Patterns From The Past: Simplicity #5450 - A Mini-Dress with Wrap Skirt

Today we have a Simplicity dress from 1972, seen below in a page out of a Simplicity Fashion News booklet:
"Wrap yourself in a new shirt dress"...
...  with pattern number 5450, seen below:
And the back of the pattern:
I think it looks really cute, and yet I don't quite get the point of the attached wrap skirt?
Whatever, I mean it's not as though I am making one anyway, so what does it matter?
But I do think I would have liked it back in 1972.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Not a fan of those puffy sleeves! Wrap skirts were a pain... Oh well! Love T

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I love the style and fabric of the first pic.

Diane said...

I remember those shirtdresses being popular. My sister had one in about 1975.