Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Few Colorful Finds

First up, we have these delightful little vintage magnets - all except the orange butterfly at the bottom were eBay finds.
Tina gave me the orange one right off of her refrigerator when I exclaimed over it! (Thank you again, Tina!)
These magnets are perfect for my vintage Counterpoint magnetic boards. 
I had a couple of others already, but this batch are recent finds:
I found this great vintage ceramic butterfly trivet, and then the paper underneath is just a scrap of vintage wrapping paper - I had to have it:
This flowered apple design reminds me of Orla Kiely's style.
 It's on a vintage plastic tidbit tray that was 75% off at a thrift store:
This is the greatest vintage ice bucket I have EVER found at a thrift store.
 I love the blue and green flowers!
"The Happy Lion", a vintage book to cute to pass up:
I found this lovely scarf and belt on the same day.
 The colors are so gorgeous, and they're perfect together!

The sugar bowl and cream pitcher seen below most assuredly do not match perfectly, but they DO look pretty nice together.
I believe they are Counterpoint, or possibly Takahashi, although they have no labels:
The green floral soap dish in the last photo is from Crabtree and Evelyn.
It was just too pretty to leave behind:
That's it for today's round-up of colorful things.
But I'm sure to find more......

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, what a great collection of things. I really like all your magnets, the poor butterfly from my fridge didn't know how many others were out there waiting to get together with it! Your soup dish is really pretty, I need to find one like it for my bathroom, I am going to check out Crabtree and Evelyn. Enjoyed this post, it is almost as good as going thrifting myself! Love T

Diane said...

Great finds! Those phone magnets are too cute! The lion book looks vaguely familiar. Maybe my school library owned a copy. Enjoyed seeing everything!

Deanna said...

Love them but when I first saw the picture, I thought it was those cute erasers that were so popular when I was in elementary in the early seventies. Great finds!!

Sunnyana said...

I love all the butterflies and the phone magnets are also very cute. My favorite on this post is the floral paper behind the butterfly trivet. I recognized the print. I have an old box from a clothing store in Anaheim that has the exact print but in pink, yellow & orange. I still keep things in it because I love the design and colors. The scarf & belt are very nice and I also like the sugar bowl & cream pitcher. I've had (and probably still have) a few pieces of that style with the little brown spots. Some very good finds!