Sunday, August 9, 2015

Patterns From The Past: McCall's 8833 With Pop Art Paper Fabrics In Black and White

Today's pattern is McCall's number 8833, from 1967.
In this layout from Seventeen Magazine, they made matching suits and cover-ups from this pattern out of
"fire-resistant, water-repellent, disposable Tiger Tissue fabric by Tiger".
Interesting.
I have no idea how well that fabric would have held up.
But, at least Colleen Corby (on the right in the picture above) and the two other models do look cute in them.
Here's the front of the pattern:
There's still some summer left, so you might want to whip yourself up a suit and a poncho,
pinafore or toga-style cover-up.
(I don't think I want to.)
 "What's new in the papers? Patterns!"
"Now you can sew to reap recognition: make the "papers" in black and white and news all over".
I think I'd use some sort of  "normal" fabric, though - if I were you.
I'm just sayin'.......

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very interesting. I do remember paper dresses at about that time in history. I don't think I would have gone to all the trouble of sewing one though. Love T

Diane said...

Cute pattern. And how mod is that ad? Neat!