Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A River Scene

I have had this picture for such along time that I don't even remember where it came from.
 It was dirty, and had been stashed away.
 I liked it and I thought it was kind of pretty, but I had never paid much attention to it - except for the fact that I liked the antique frame it was in.
And I had never even cleaned it up.
The glass was filthy!
I finally decided to take it apart and clean it up, and when I removed what I thought was the print inside the frame, I saw that it was actually a small, original painting.
It was painted on the reverse side of this piece of cardboard, below - which most definitely has some age to it!
Gee, I sure wouldn't mind having some of those "Blue Ribbon Glass Spice Shakers" and "Coffee Glass Jars" now, especially at those prices!
It's really quite the lovely little riverside scene:
So I cleaned it all up and put it back together, and, rather than using the frame for something else, which is what I had thought I would do.....
  ... I am going to find a place to hang it up, instead!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice and gives such a calm feeling. Too bad the artist didn't sign it. Artists! Sign your work!!! I sound like a broken record. I am so glad you are keeping it with the original frame. Sure wish we could know the history. Love T