Tuesday, March 31, 2015

See's Candies For Easter

It's a rare holiday around here when we don't have some See's Candies in the house.
I found this papier mache egg at a thrift store, and I didn't have a pink one so I picked it up and made it a part of my Easter decorations:

I love the little dancing bunny found on the inside!
Hey, you'd dance too if you had some See's chocolates!

I love chocolate butter creams, and at Easter these eggs are particularly pretty:
I also buy See's tins when I see them at thrift stores....
... because I like to take the candies out of the box, and put them into the decorative holiday tin instead.
It simply looks prettier sitting on the table:
People might think that I save some of the strangest things.
They may even be right, but that won't stop me.
I was digging around in some boxes a little while back (things that have been stored away for years), and I found some "vintage" See's wrapping paper that I had saved from a box of Easter chocolates.
Here it is below, on the left, alongside the wrap they are currently using to wrap up the boxes.
Cute:
Oh - and I saved this foil bag, below, also.
(I'm a See's freak. I save stuff. Deal with it.)
I imagine they still might do this when you purchase some chocolates at a shop during warm weather, but I don't know because that's something I haven't done in a long time!
The nearest shop is more than an hour away away, and we are lucky enough to have fund-raiser booths in our town around holiday times.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
See's Candies are hands-down the BEST chocolates available.
They use only the best ingredients and they have such a huge variety that there is something to suit every one.
Even if you (horrors!) don't like chocolate.
Get them, if you possibly can!
I don't think you will be disappointed.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I would love some right now! And it isn't even 10 am yet. If I had your little tin it would be empty because the candies wouldn't last very long. Delicious reading. Love T

lorlore said...

Yum!!! Maybe a trip to See's soon!!!!!

The Brittons said...

Sees! I haven't had any in years. I remember when we used to go to Sunrise mall with Grammy and my mom we would always wait in the line for a sample! Do they do that? I haven't done that in soooo long. Love the nostalgia that your blog highlights:).

Sunnyana said...

I love almost any chocolate but See's is my favorite. I have a few tins and boxes I've saved. Heidi, I don't think you save strange things since I also have some See's gift wrap I've saved.

EM said...

What a fun post! I've got a See's tin around here somewhere myself!

farmlady said...

Great post. You save See's wrapping and foil and tins... nothing strange about that. I LOVE SEE'S candy.
Happy Easter girl, have a beautiful weekend.