Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Up On The Housetop

Up on the housetop,
reindeer pause...
Out jumps good old Santa Claus:
Down through the chimney with lots of toys:
All for the little ones, Christmas joys! 
 (In the top photo, you see one of my favorite little ceramic cottages which was purchased from a Wisconsin antique shop in 2001, and which sits in the window of our sun room and has a light in it at night. The reindeer,  along with the sweet little vintage Santa, and the McCall's magazine from 1966 were recent purchases, and I've had the vintage book of Christmas cards for a while.)

As is the case for nearly everyone, I would imagine - I have been quite busy the last few days.
 I've been working on things like baking - and also this:
Yes, wrapping presents!
We have an old secretary very similar to the one seen above on this vintage cover of American Home magazine, but I don't wrap presents there - I need a much larger work surface than that!
I like the look of this cover, though - it just looks so warm and cozy, and as though the lady-of-the-house has just taken a short break.
She'll get back to it soon enough.......

5 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I pinned away nearly all of your images. So cute!

I too have a secretary desk similar to the one in your image - and you are right, it is too small to do much work on it. Mine houses all of my collectible smalls.

Tina Dawn said...

So cute, I loved this post. Love T

Rosie said...

I can't believe I've spent 50-something years thinking that the song went "Up on the housetop reindeer PAWS!" Duh. They have hooves. Thanks for clarifying. Love rosie

farmlady said...

I love the song, the images and your spirit of Christmas. Tomorrow I will be wrapping all my presents on my bed. I don't have such a pretty desk to use.But I will be singing this song.
Have a Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring you, your sisters and your family many blessings.

Sheryl said...

Merry Christmas to the Gold Country Girls.