Friday, April 26, 2013

What's Penny Wearing? #88 It's A Jacket! It 's A Towel!

It's a jacket made out of a towel....


..... it's a towel made into a jacket!


 It's a jacket made out of a gorgeous vintage towel, to be exact:
A really pretty blue and green vintage towel, complete with fringe:


With a  shawl collar:
Maybe it was supposed to be a swimsuit cover-up, I don't know.
But it wouldn't have covered up much. And it certainly isn't meant for after-the-bath, because it's not long enough to be a bathrobe, either.
 Personally, I like it very much as a jacket - but if you saw me wearing it out somewhere, would you think I was odd?
Because I kind of love it.

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love it! Wear it. Love T

Unknown said...

That is just *crazy gorgeous*!!

Penny-Rose said...

Love the colours and the collar.

Vintage Coconut said...

It's a particularly fabulous piece of beachwear!!! AND I LOVE IT!
I have a towel dress I found in a thrift shop in 2011. I even modeled it in a blog post (November 1 2011). I totally plan to bring it to the lake and wear it with a straw hat and flip flops.

Yours is such great colors. It would look great over a swimsuit with some shorts.