Monday, April 1, 2013

Cherry Cobbler-Ish

A couple of weeks ago, I felt like making something with this can of cherry pie filling I had in the pantry. I searched for a recipe online. I knew I had seen one that was made with a cake mix.
It had to use what I had on hand, and most of the recipes I found needed two cans of filling. I decided on this one that just had you pour melted butter over the cake mix that was on top of the pie filling in the dish.
Honestly, it was too sweet, and it was kind of weird.  But it wasn't horrible.
And I cannot really say I would recommend it.

Actually, I think my husband liked it much more than I did.
What did we do with our, weird, too sweet, sort-of  cherry cobbler-ish stuff?
We ate it, of course.
Because that's what we do around here.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I agree, it sounds pretty icky. I probably would have eaten it too. We are a sad sad bunch. LOL. Love T

Mick said...

This is one of my FAVORITE things to make for entertaining crowds! I prefer a real camp fire cobbler just as much as anyone, but since we've been under a burn ban in texas for the last 14 months youhave to get creative! You know whats better then just "cherry" do onside of the pan cherry, and dump out peach pie filling in the other side of the pan. MmmmmMmmmm good! notonly that, but the middle where the two meet is to DIE FOR! :)

The Brittons said...

Heidi,
It's pound cake over the top, with little dabs o butter! My dad shared that recipe with me and I made it last weekend for his 60th.. Still quite sweet but oh so good.