Monday, October 22, 2012

Barbie Patterns, Old And New

I love these old Barbie patterns!
View "C' in the pattern above is made from a handkerchief. Cute, right?
And, as for the new Barbie patterns? Well, you might want to consider picking up a copy of this book:
"Hankie Couture", written by Marsha Greenberg and published last year by Running Press. The dresses and outfits she created for fashion dolls like Barbie out of vintage handkerchiefs are nothing short of spectacular! I had a 60% off coupon for JoAnn's, and I decided I wanted a book and I was so happy to find this one there! Marsha's creations are wonderful. They just make me smile, that's all.

6 comments:

Protector of Vintage said...

I think I need that book!! How cute.

Tina Dawn said...

I think that is the lady who made my California hankie barbie dress. She told me she was writing a book. I love the pattern for the square dance dress. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

I love the square dance dress , too!
I would LOVE to have one like that for my Barbies!

Barbara said...

I always loved those patterns that showed the real photographs of the outfits! I'm going to look for that book; there is no shortage of vintage hankies here!

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Hi you have always been a great support of my blog Kitsch n Stuff http://cdiannezweig.blogspot.com/

I am on a roll...a blog roll to add lots of vintage, retro, collectibles blogs to my blog roll and ask others to add my blog Kitsch n Stuff to their blog rolls.

Is there anyway you could ask your blog friends if they would like to participate? THANKS

Dianne
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com

Anonymous said...

I have this book and in fact, went to see the author displaying her dresses and talking about them & her book at the local library earlier this year. I made a couple of the dresses and they turned out so cute. I only wish there were more patterns, but I have some Barbie patterns I can just adapt for hankies when I get around to it.