Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Colorful 70's Interiors

Rooms from the 70's today - and let's start with my favorite - "Supergraphics" on your wall, from an advertisement for Lucite Paint. Nice chair!

And would you look what I found -the same chair again, this time in an ad for Eureka vacuum cleaners - complete with a cat, this time:

A cool living room - we need all the "cool" we can get, with this summer heat:

A rec room for a family, complete with a 20 foot bean bag sofa, and flooring from Armstrong:

An orange kitchen, also courtesy of Armstrong flooring:

A living room from 1974. Let's nix that end table in the foreground, shall we? It doesn't look right at all. And I want pillows with more punch, too::

Let's call this one "Birds On A Wall". In a bedroom. With inflatable furniture. That's all I'm saying:

I'm outta here.

9 comments:

Lorlore said...

Must be why my favorite colors back in the day were yellow and orange, it was quite popular then. Love the birds on the wall!!!!

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, a cat who stays around when the vacuum cleaner is out, that is not happening at my house! Love that bean bag sofa, but how do you get up after? LOL.

Diane said...

Too too cool! Love those circle chairs. I had cousins who owned inflatable furniture back in the day-- in a zebra pattern!!

Georgia Peachez said...

Fabulous! I've seen those birds before, I must have read that magazine and the image stuck in my subconscious. Love them.

Tami Von Zalez said...

The 70s was the embodiment of kitsch, at least I lived through it ...

Lurvs you guys ...

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

I love all of this! I've been happily pinning to my Vintage Decorating board, thanks for the great post!

Anonymous said...

I remember the colorful '70s so well. Fond memories. My favorite decade.

Paul Duca said...

And don't forget...that chair was in fact a stereo sound chamber. You hooked up the receiver or turntable and listened to music that surrounded you.

Anonymous said...

I had that sunrise mural in my bedroom. Bought in in 1974 for $40 at Hirshfields in Mpls. I also had orange shag carpet & a bright yellow bedspread. I was a sophomore in high school.