Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rudi Gernreich

Rudi Gernreich (1922-1985) was a very well-known designer, especially in the 60's. Click on his name to view numerous images of him, and of his designs. My friend Faith sent me this pattern last year, and it made me remember some of his iconic work. The pattern is dated 1967:

I found another image in a magazine, and the model featured on both is Peggy Moffitt.

This video from YouTube is fun to look at, featuring model Peggy Moffitt and others in Rudi Gernreich designs:

Just another little blast from the past for your enjoyment - if you like fashion design, that is.

6 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i got mentioned in a gold country girls blog (again) - i am so glad that this jogged your memory to showcase more of his work. happy new year!

Tina Dawn said...

Ah yes, I remember it well! Loved those kind of tops, and wearing the skinny tights when I was skinny too. Very interesting. Love T

Debbie V. said...

That first dress is beautiful - I always wanted to look like that :) The video - I'd never seen anything like that and had to watch the whole thing. Fascinating and loved the music!

Paul Duca said...

Of course, what we guys liked about Mr. Gernreigh was his topless bathing suit.

Heidi Ann said...

"Yes, Paul - of course you did"... she commented, dryly.

Jan Busco said...

Wonderful! I forgot how much fun his clothing was.