Saturday, December 10, 2011

What's Penny Wearing? #57 A Holiday Dress

Today, Penny is wearing this simple, classic brown velvet dress I found at a thrift store for $3.99. I don't have a little black dress. How about a "Little Brown Dress"?

I have VERY few "dressy" clothes. It fit, and the price was right - so it works for me!
I found the knitted scarf at another thrift shop on the same day for fifty cents. That works, too. I even thought they looked nice together. I'm not sure whether you can see that there is metallic thread woven into the scarf to add a bit of sparkle:
And I can dress it up and change it up by adding a pretty vintage choker or collar:

And check out how nice it looks with my "thrifted" apron I showed you the other day!

I think it will be my Christmas dress.

4 comments:

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

I say Penny's out of luck because it's going to look smashing on you! Absolutely beautiful & what lucky finds! I swear, I've got to get up to your neck of the woods & find some lucky pics too! Hope your holidays are going great!
~Vickie~

MomWaldsPlace said...

There you go! Now all you need are four parties.

Tina Dawn said...

Gosh, now I am going to have to find something dressy to wear so I fit in. LOL. It is lovely. I like your changing the collar and choker for the two different great looks. Love T

yosemite faith said...

love velvet dresses - lucky you!