Saturday, December 24, 2011

Snuggle Up In A Nice Warm Robe

This lovely lady has the right idea, a nice warm robe in red for Christmas:

These robes would have made nice gifts back in 1950, from Family Circle Magazine:

The next four pictures are from an I. Magnin catalog. There isn't a date, but I'm guessing maybe late 60's or early 70's?. The first gorgeous robe was priced at $180! Wow. "White rayon gabardine yoked and scrolled with rayon velvet. Designed by Rizkallah for Malcolm Starr International". Fancy:
I actually received a red velour robe very similar to the one below back in the mid 70's. I loved it. I also got a red and white candy-cane-striped flannel nightgown and some red furry slippers to go with it. I was all set! The one below, by "Bill Tice for Royal" $60:

"Snuggle her into a deep pile robe of Orlon acrylic/cotton lined with nylon. In Orange Sherbet. From Kamore". This one would have only set you back $50:

These matching quilted robes and gowns for mothers and their daughters were much less expensive, running only from nine to 23 dollars, from Loungees:

I decided this white-as-snow chenille zip-up robe I found earlier this month at a thrift store would be just perfect for my (I'm-only-dreaming-of-a-White) Christmas morning tomorrow. And it didn't cost me anywhere near as much as any of those!

Cozy comfort...perfect, with the addition of a little Christmas tree:

Please sleep tight and have a Silent Night on this Christmas Eve!

10 comments:

Lorlore said...

Enjoy your Christmas Eve, see you tomorrow, Love Lori!!!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

What a lovely robe Heidi. Wish I were lounging in a pretty robe allll day long today. Enjoy the day.

Tina Dawn said...

I love your white chenille robe, it looks so cozy and warm and Christmasy. Merry Christmas Eve, see you soon. Love T

Andy's Attic said...

I've always loved chenille robes but have never had one. Maybe Santa will bring me one. Merry Christmas!
Annette

Twyla and Lindsey said...

A new robe is still one of the best gifts of all! My husband used to give me one every year until I had to tell him I had more than I could ever wear out! Have a very Merry Christmas, Heidi and Lori! Love, Twyla

yosemite faith said...

nice robe heidi - john used to get me robes all the time and then i had too many and now i don't really have one. i like your white one - it is more of a 'lounger' - which is what a retired lady on the farm needs. have a great christmas eve - i bet your house looks great!

Jill said...

That robe looks so wonderfully cozy, and that cute pin is the perfect Christmas accessory for it! You've just gotta' love a good cozy robe!

Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas!

Hugs,
Jill

PS: I'm in love with that tree in the background! Soooo pretty!

Heidi Ann said...

Thanks everybody - and merry Christmas back at 'ya!

Paul Duca said...

Imagine paying the equivalent of at least $500 in today's money for a bathrobe. I am aware that I. Magnin is one of those stores where the typical shopper doesn't bother to ask the price.

Merry Christmas!

Mark said...

wow...You’ve have shared an interesting information, well ! luxurychenille offer Tresaro chenille and micro plus robes, blankets, throws, slippers and even teddy bears in all sizes including plus size bath robes. The luxurious robes are featured in five star hotels and spas around the world.

http://www.luxurychenille.com/index.php?main_page=page_3