Friday, July 29, 2011

Very Small "Projects" Yield Big Feeling of Satisfaction

I cannot hang many things up on our walls - they're stucco, the house is old, and it's just a problem. But occasionally I manage a little something. I wanted to move the pretty painted wood expandable peg rack from another spot, and replace it with a plain wood one. It was difficult to remove the tiny nails that held it in place. But then I was free to hang the pretty one behind our bedroom door so that I could use it to display some of my favorite bags and purses. Hanging them up there instead of having them taking up space in my closet made me very happy. Now, they are so much easier to grab when I need one!

This pretty little painted metal rack was meant to hold letters, I suppose. But I hadn't used it since it used to hang next to my desk in our previous home. Now it nicely displays some of my jewelry on a small section of wall space between two closets. My necklaces are easy to see, and it's not only pretty, but useful. All I had to do was move my vintage framed prints, which had already hung there to their new spots on either side:
This next one is a funky little wooden plaque with pegs. I picked it up at a thrift store, and all I had to do was spray-paint it pink. Another useful display for some of my bracelets, beads, and the like:

Big feeling of satisfaction? Yes, because now I can see all of these accessories which were previously hidden out of sight. I definitely use them more often now!

4 comments:

yosemite faith said...

great job heidi! i have yet to do that sort of thing since the huge move to michigan. maybe someday.....

Tina Dawn said...

Great ideas all of them! I can't wait to come and check them out. Love T

MomWaldsPlace said...

It is amazing how something so simple can make such a big difference. Yay for you! (Somebody likes her vintage barkcloth.)

Jennifer D said...

Not only are your pretty bags and baubles easy to reach they also have become beautiful decor! Great ideas.