Sunday, June 5, 2011

More Vintage Illustrations

Sweet illustrations from an old book. I don't know the illustrator nor the book title; all I have are a few pages out of the book.
First up, Bobby Shaftoe. ( She may be waiting a long time - maybe she'll get lucky and Captain Jack Sparrow will show up instead?)
Good old Jack Sprat and the wife:
Another one of those Bad Boys, that scoundrel Georgie Porgie:
Jack a Nory and his brother Jack?

Do you suppose they might know Larry, his brother Darryl and his other brother Darryl?
(Yes, you may need to be a Bob Newhart fan to get that reference! Which I am.)

4 comments:

Jill said...

I could swear, I had that book as a child! I totally recognize those illustrations. Ahh... good memories. Love those.
Hugs,
Jill

Tina Dawn said...

Great illustrations, and I love Bob Newhart too. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I Loved that Bob Newhart show! So many laughs! Wish it were being rerun right now, I haven't seen it in years! Love the illustrations, too, by the way:) Twyla

GardenOfDaisies said...

Cute mother goose rhyme illustrations! (And I love Bob Newhart!)