Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crafts for Everyone, Volume 1

Sis Lori here: Back in this post , I showed you Volume 2 of this book series. I mentioned then that I hoped to find Volume 1. Well, my big Sis Tina found it for me!! So here are a few pages from it. I must admit, though, I am partial to Volume 2, as it has more of my kind of crafts.

The first section is Woodcraft- Here is a wobbly duck:

Next section is Metal Craft: Tin-can Flower Pots:

And Twisted and woven wire bracelets:

Then we have Leather Craft: Moccasins:

And another from the Woodcraft section - a child's stool and steps:

These books are from the early 50's and were by Louis V. Newkirk, P.H.D., Director, Division of Industrial Arts, Chicago Public Schools. Great instructional books!!! Thank you, Tina!

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I think I might try some of the tin-can flower pots, that is a good green idea. Also it would be fun to make a pair of moccasins. Glad you like the book. Since then I have found both Volumes published in one book. Love T

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oh you just post the sweetest most charming pictures!

Love the simplicity of this book.

Unknown said...

oohhh thats really lovely, dee x

yosemite faith said...

i love both of these books. and lucky tina to have them in one volume. good post lori.

Deanna said...

I love the photos! I remember having a set of Childcraft books when I was growing up. That's what your book reminds me of. I would love to find those books again.

Deanna :D