Friday, November 19, 2010

Thrift Finds - We Just Keep 'em Coming...

Just a few finds today - I absolutely love the colors on this tablecloth:

Another colorful item - this large metal tray:

A crocheted afghan and two pillow covers to "cozy up" an old, funky sofa bed:

A pretty and shapely lamp:

Aqua fish with bubbles, a leaf-shaped California pottery dish, and a nice hand-painted mirror:

A neat expandable "bamboo" metal trivet made in Italy - just in time for the holiday table:

Pristine and fabulous decks of playing cards in their original case:
And this last item isn't a thrift find at all. After I did my post about Bon Ami, a nice representative of the company contacted me and said they enjoyed my post and they would like to send me a little gift! That's the first time anything like this ever happened to me, and I was really tickled! I received this super-cute tote bag, some soap samples and a gift card for Bon Ami products. So nice!

(Some of the items shown above are for sale in the shop - or will be. Please feel free to e-mail me if you are interested in something, and I will let you know whether it is for sale.)

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love your little fish with his bubbles! Makes me want to get my bathroom redo finished. I am going to be using blue tones, since I just got some vintage barkcloth drapes with passion flowers on them to use in there. How nice of Bon Ami, I am sure they appreciated your bit of free advertising! Love T

farmlady said...

That's so cool that the Bon Ami company saw your blog post and sent you the bag filled with goodies. How nice of them.
Love all the "finds". I think that my Mom had that tablecloth when we were kids. I think it was for a round table outside. It's pretty and nostalgic.
I still have the Betty Crocker New Dinner for two cookbook. I have had it for 45 yrs. and I still use it because we were 2 people when we started and we are two people again, now, in our retirement.

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Think I'll do a post on M&M's. Do you think maybe I'll get a gift pack in the mail?

Love all your finds. Especially that table cloth! Can't wait to see it.

Gotta go now, headed to my friend Heidi's for lunch soon!

yosemite faith said...

how cool is that bag from bon ami?!! love it. you deserve it so much heidi.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You find the best 'vintage' items at your thrift store! Twyla