Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Raisin Bread I Remember

I REALLY like raisin bread - well, cinnamon raisin bread, specifically.
I remember that the kind we used to have when we were kids had this yummy cinnamon sugary topping on the top of the crust - that was my favorite part! I think it may have been Roman Meal brand, I'm not positive about that.
SunMaid is good, but it doesn't have that topping:

And I like the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl from Pepperidge Farm, too - but no sugary topping here, either:

Other than possibly getting it from a bakery, I don't know if I will ever find it again. It was definitely a sliced, packaged, brand-named loaf.
Does anyone else remember it??

6 comments:

★Carol★ said...

That package looks really familiar to me. The graphics are so groovy!

Tina Dawn said...

I honestly don't remember the crust topping you are talking about. I do remember having raisin bread, I like it but haven't had it in years. We used to make cinnamon bread too, with butter and sugar and cinnamon. Yum. I hope you find your topping, sounds great. Love T

Claudia said...

Oh my gosh, I just finished a piece of raisin bread toast right before I read this!

xo
Claudia

farmlady said...

I think that Costco sells a double loaf package of raisin bread that has a sugar topping. It's been a while since I bought it but I'm pretty sure it was Costco.
I love raisin bread but I think the regular brands are kind of dry. I do make bread pudding with the Sunmaid Cinnamon Swirl Bread. It's great for this. The recipe is right on the package.

yosemite faith said...

one thing we rarely bought was raisin bread. i had 2 grandma's up north that both baked. so we would get it from them. john loves cinnamon raison bread and buys it to make toast with.

Alessandra said...

I love raisin bread!!!!!!!