Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Little Long Lost Little Treasures

Do you remember when I showed you my great, colorful vintage Counterpoint cardboard boxes? Well, there was something else I had back then that I didn't find until recently. You can see it here in this picture from another bright bedroom out of a Seventeen magazine, circa 1969:

See? The cute little three-drawer jewelry box there on the bed? (and, by the way - how cute is that coffee pot and cup set?)
Here's the little jewelry box again:
(A little off the subject, but simply because I felt like it, - here is a Cannon ad featuring the same pretty blue and green towels featured in the bedroom photo spread - I love the combination of blue and green and the flowers - I've shown you these before, too!)

So, anyway - I found my own little three-drawer boxes!! You might think I'm silly, but I just LOVE these things from my "childhood"! I was so tickled when I opened the box and found these again:
So, I found not only the orange and yellow one just like the in the magazine, but also a similar blue and yellow one, and even a couple more of the Counterpoint nesting boxes, too! And here you can see the labels:

I LOVE colorful vintage Counterpoint items.
And I'll probably be writing about them again......
(It was three years ago today that I began this blog - my how time flies! "When you're having fun" - and I have been, and I am - and I hope that you will continue to have fun reading it!)

5 comments:

Lorlore said...

Keep the posts and the vintage items comin'!! It is very fun!!!!

Tina Dawn said...

Happy three year anniversary! I had a little three drawer jewelry box too at one time, I had forgotten until I saw yours. I was thinking it was blue and green, but really don't remember. Glad you found your little treasures. Love T

The Viewliner Limited said...

A very Happy 3rd Year Anniversary Gold Country Girls. A great blog! Looking forward to much more to come.

One question, is Penny busy next weekend? Thought maybe she would like to go out for a bite to eat.

Oh... that's right she has no head. Cheap date! It's getting lonely out here in the Desert. LOL :-)

Thanks for all ladies, Richard.

yosemite faith said...

happy anniversary gold country girls. those little three drawer boxes are cute!!!

SusieQT said...

We had those towels growing up! We also had the sheets, but in pink/orange. How we ever got to sleep with all that color, I'll never know, but it brings back memories! Come to think of it, I think my mom might still have them somewhere...