Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Fun - Cool Vintage Dresses

Today I'm sharing some nice vintage sleeveless dresses - lovely examples to wear in the heat of summer. First, a couple of patterns from the the 40's or 50's?

And next, four pretty frocks out of magazines from the 50's. I especially like the colors of this one:


How cute is this polka-dot jumpsuit and skirt combo - with matching shoes!?
A white background, and some red carnations....she's all dressed up for romance:
A cute but simple jumpsuit - make it short or long - from 1967. I like the pink version the best!
And, finally, this cute ruffled sun dress- couldn't find a date on this pattern, but I'm guessing 70's or 80's:

Keep your cool, ladies.

4 comments:

Lorlore said...

Love the last pattern, the ruffled sundress! I think I would have made that to wear back in my twenties. Cute!!!

Tina Dawn said...

Those dresses almost make the hot sun worth it. Love the sleeveless vintage ones. I also get a kick out of the photo/ad with the veiled ladies checking out the model. Love T

yosemite faith said...

my gram made most of my clothes (dresses) up till i was maybe in 2nd or 3rd grade. my mom hated to sew but was soooooo great at it - handsewing and machine sewing. so i really have memories of pattern books etc. love looking at the old patterns.

Jennifer D said...

They are all so stylish.

I was just watching "The Long Hot Summer" and Joanne Woodward was dressed just like the first couple patterns. There is a scene when Paul Newman is putting the "ladies summer dresses" up front in the store where they would be seen right away.

Thanks for putting the summer dresses up front!