Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wacky Vintage Cards

You can still find any number of silly, funny, even wacky cards in any card shop today - but do you remember ones like these?
I have some that I have saved since the 70's! Just felt like sharing them with you today.
inside:

inside:
A birthday card from my friend Debbie:
The message inside? "Merry Christmas"!
And a Christmas card from her, too:
....and the inside of that one:

I found a couple of unused ones here in the house, in the secretary that belonged to my mother-in-law. I wouldn't want to give this one to anybody:
Inside:

Not very nice.
And this one:
Inside:
That's just mean.
No wonder they were unused.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, wonder who she thought she might send those to? Great old cards. Debbie has a good sense of humor! Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I'm sure she wouldn't have ever sent them! I believe they may have been out of a box of cards - perhaps some of the others were not quite so bad, and that's why these couple were left over - too mean!

yosemite faith said...

how funny and *unusual* - amazing what you keep finding around there heidi. putting a little something (and i do mean little) in the mail for you tomorrow.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

hey there heidi...first thanks for reading my blog...and kitten of coarse you can use it! thanks for giving me credit doll! have a blessed day...cat

Daveland said...

I remember these! And sure do miss that hand-lettering look. Designers have a ton-o fonts to choose from today, but they just can't duplicate the custom-made look of these vintage beauties!

Anonymous said...

Heidi - that "Richest man in the graveyard" one - is that a Jules Feiffer? I had a book by him called "Some Things are Scary" by him and it looks very similar. I loved that book!!