Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hors D'oeuvre, 1967 Style

I found this little book at a thrift store, and I couldn't resist it. Thirty-four recipes for hors d'oeuvres by June Dutton and Edith Vanocur, published in 1967 by Determined Productions, Inc., of San Francisco. The design and illustrations of the book are by John Astrop and Eric Hill:
I was drawn to the colorful illustrations inside:
Totally sixties styles and colors!
Eggplant:
Bell pepper...I only picked out a few to show you today:
And yes, some of the recipes look pretty good, too!

Have a groovy, bright and happy day!

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

What a cute little recipe book. I could use one of those, I am always having to make "appetizers" for some kind of event. The quiche sounds pretty good. Love T

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Mmmm, I want some Quiche Sausalito! Yes, that was fun yesterday. We have no will power when it comes to thrifting though. Oh well.

yosemite faith said...

ahh another expedition and another treasure found. peace, love, yosemite, & the great lakes.....groovy

Unknown said...

Hello Heidi Ann, Stopping in to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I have had such fun looking through all of your vintage posts. I love that you also share childhood memories. Your blog title is just wonderful! Elizabeth

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love these graphics! Reminds me of my childhood! Twyla

Anonymous said...

YaY thanks for posting! I have a copy of this lil'treasure too! kinda reminds me of fractured fairy tales