Thursday, January 28, 2010

More 60's Dresses

Remember the post I did last year about paper dresses? Well, I found another one, and I decided I'd show it to you along with some other unusual dresses from the 1960's that I found in my magazines, just for fun. Here's the paper one, from Owens-Corning. Pink - like their Fiberglas insulation, and you could send away for it:
I think this gal in the polka dotted dress was from an ad for Formica - maybe to show you all of the colors they had available:
And here's an unique style in vinyl, complete with zippered front, a ruffle, and matching boots - from a 1969 advertisement for Armstrong vinyl ceiling tiles. They weren't limited to flooring, you see:

Silver - here in a dress found in a 1965 Life magazine. The accompanying text reads "Shimmering outfits like these are perfect to wear to a futuristic spiritualist's seance. The girl on the right wears a supple shift of aluminum faced acetate ($70), a fabric that looks like a thin and pliable leather with a permanent silvery polish." That fabric sounds interesting...

....and gold - here's another dress you could send away for - this fancy gold number with matching coat!
Cheryl Tiegs in a sequin-trimmed sleeveless dress, here in this ad for Gala paper napkins from 1968:
And, all right, maybe cheating just a bit with this last one, because it isn't really a dress, but rather a jumpsuit with palazzo style pants - but I couldn't resist including it because of the bright and colorful print of the fabric. This one is from a 1968 ad for Seagram's 7::
Hope you enjoyed this romp through the sixties!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Okay, I have on my aluminum and vinyl paper-lined polka dotted zipper-fronted silvery dress and I am ready to go to the futuristic spiritualist's seance with my favorite 60s model, Cheryl Tiegs! Great post. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i still have a silver mini dress i saved from way back when! the last picture reminds me of the part scene on laugh in!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Heidi, I hope you don't think I've forgotten you! I have had a cold and not felt like being on the internet much. I am so glad to see that the fun has continued here on your blog and I am having a good time catching up with you and Lori. I can always count on you to bring back memories for me. Have a great weekend! Twyla