Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Zodiac Calendar

I found an old calendar of mine that has been packed away in storage for YEARS. It has such great, bright colors and these wacky and fabulous illustrations by Bruce and Ann Butte. It was printed in 1969 by Determined Productions, Inc.
I just took pictures of a few of the pages so I could show you some examples. Virgo:
Libra:
Pisces:

and Taurus:
It's printed on very nice heavy paper (almost like cardboard). Don't you think the whole set would look really great all framed and hanging together? I do - but I'm not sure I have it in me to take the calendar apart after having saved it for 39 years intact!
Then again - what good was it doing me packed away in storage? On the other hand , I don't even have any place to hang the images in my home, if I DID frame them. Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure WHAT I should do. I think I'll go argue with myself about it for awhile...

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i love it heidi! no matter what you do with it - it is a treasure. they made so many neat colorful and creative items then - ahh memory lane - again.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That calendar really takes me back! I would have a hard time tearing it apart. Maybe buy Another one like it on ebay and take it apart and frame and keep Your's intact. Have you looked at your emails or my blog post today? There's a surprise for you there! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Hello Heidi Ho!!! A late "thank you" for my birthday card - which arrived right on time, as always (must be some secret you learned as a mail carrier). I would sure love to see what the "Cancer" zodiac picture was on your calendar!