Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our Azaleas

I figured it might be fun to share these pictures with you today - our azaleas through the years. We begin with 1965 - one yellow, one pink, barely begun:
Here they are in 1973 - with the in-laws:
Shown here as they were in 1975:
A lovely shot from 1979:
And this is how they look today:
They aren't quite what they used to be - but they still look nice! One more picture, below - these two potted azaleas were given to me as gifts. The bright pink one was from my friend Sarah - and thank goodness my husband kept it watered, or I would have lost it for sure.

The paler pink one was a gift from my friend Marcia when our mother died 12 years ago. It has changed color - it started out as a gorgeous sort of a salmon or coral color. It's still pretty - just different. Those two are the most special to me. But, they all make me happy when I look at them.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

What a fun post! I still have the two ficus trees from when Mother died. They are in the garage, they need to come out on the deck now that spring is here, thanks for the reminder. I love those old photos of your inlaws and your house. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love azalaes. Your's are beautiful and 44 years old! That's wonderful. Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Just a note to let you know the ficus trees escaped from the garage and now are happily back by the deck, with a nice haircut, just in time for the rain. Love T

Anonymous said...

So would that handsome young man in the first photo be your husband, by chance?

yosemite faith said...

it is the time for flowers. our tulips our out!