Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bozo At The Circus

This vintage record album belonged to my husband and his brother when they were little. It is full of pages like the ones you see below, with beautiful bright colors depicting the animals and performers at the circus:






Years ago, on a TV show about decorating, I saw a segment where someone had taken these and framed them and they were hanging on the wall in a child's room. I admit they looked fabulous, but I could never cut up this lovely album. It is in perfect condition, and dated 1946.
(I had trouble scanning the pages - what you see are not the complete illustrated pages, but rather a portion of each. The book contains 20 of these pages.)
The colors on them are wonderful, don't you think?

6 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i have never seen this and the illustrations are wonderful! i see why someone framed them but i am with you - i could never cut up this book!

Anthony said...

This record and its accompanying illustrations are delightful! I am drawn to things like this, I think because of the wonderful colors and the overall happiness of it. Oh, and I LOVE old circus imagery!
Thank you for sharing it, you've brightened my day!

Heidi Ann said...

Well, thank YOU Anthony - I am glad you found it, and even happier that you enjoyed my post!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

This sure takes me back to my childhood. These pictures are beautiful! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Great illustrations. If you hang them on my wall, though, leave off Bozo. I couldn't sleep with a clown watching me all night. Love T

yosemite faith said...

annette once again you have said it all- you are such a hoot!