Friday, March 6, 2009

Cute Dolls, Cards, And Costumes

Get ready, because here comes some cuteness! I thought I would pair some of my adorable Disney "It's A Small World" paper dolls with their counterparts from my box of greeting cards titled "Dolls Of Many Lands". (please forgive the tabs on the paper dolls, but I've had these since 1966, and if they weren't bent back by now , I'm not doing it!) We'll start with Holland:
And India:
Spain:
Japan:
And then, these next three didn't have a female counterpart, so we have a few boy/girl pairings. The card says Doll of Latin America on the back, so let's go with Argentina:
Ireland:
And Mexico:

Cute, huh? Told 'ya!

7 comments:

yosemite faith said...

OMG love this post. i had sooo many paper dolls of all types, nationalities, genders, etc and now just have the memories. i mean i PLAYED with those paper dolls big time!

Tina Dawn said...

When I was little, and you were very little, and Lorraine lived across the street, we played with paperdolls that were from "many lands". We played with them constantly. I still have Maria, from Spain, from that time, tucked away somewhere safe, I think in my Dillinger's hope chest. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Oh - I think I may even vaguely remember Maria! I would love to see her again.

Unknown said...

I love your match ups! I was just thinking about paper dolls yesterday--do they even make them anymore? I remember I had a set of Princess Diana dolls back in the mid-80s. I loved those! Don't I wish I had kept them!

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

Love those paper dolls! I have them too! They are from "It's a Small World". I played and played with them when I was little. Thanks for the adorable pictures!~~~XXOO, Beth

jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow !!! So much kawaii( as the Japanese would say !)!!
Your collections and pucs are sooooo dee-lightful

Anonymous said...

Cuteness indeed! ♥