Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rainbow Makers


After I took down my Christmas decorations, I realized that I simply had no place to store my wire trees. Last year, I decorated one (I have since acquired the other) with vintage Valentine cards hung with clothespins, but I had already decided where to put them before I put out my Valentine decorations. I stuck my estate sale paper umbrella on top, and draped them with chandelier prisms, AKA Rainbow Makers.

I figured it gave them sort of an "April showers" theme (admittedly, a little early!). But we need so much more rain this season, with some wishful thinking, perhaps I can turn them into Rain Makers, instead!P.S. We do have more rain on the way - so maybe it's working!
(Illustrations from my Pollyanna Little Golden Book)

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love all your rainbow makers and I adore your parasol. It is nice to see happy Pollyanna again. She is a reminder to us all to look to see the silver linings in our lives. Love T

Deanna said...

I love it! I just never thought to make anything like that. Too precious!

Deanna :D

Unknown said...

I had that same Little Golden Book, and I was always enchanted by those two pages you displayed. I wanted my own rainbow makers! Love, Deb

Anonymous said...

Love your little rainbow shower trees!! Indeed it is working, and it's cold too don't you think!!

yosemite faith said...

of course you have rainbow makers!!!! i would not expect anything less.......love faith

Anonymous said...

Um. . . you can have some of our rain if ya want.