Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Christmas Books - Part Two

Part Two: Wonder Books: The Merry Christmas Book, found at a thrift shop for 25c. That's less than it cost when it was new! Stories by Jean Horton Berg, pictures by Catherine Scholz:
This is one of the sweet pages inside:
Polly's Christmas Present, story and pictures by Irma Wilde, from 1953:
The Littlest Christmas Tree, a story by Thornton W. Burgess, pictures by Mary and Carl Hauge, published in 1954:
The old familiar song, with illustrations by W.T. Mars. Washable cover - good idea!
This edition of Mr. Snowman's story, published in 1978, reprinted from an earlier version in 1951:
Santa didn't forget Mr. Snowman - he left him his "nice wooly red cap". Story and illustrations (like the one below) by Irma Wilde.
I will never tire of these adorable Christmas stories for children of ALL ages.

7 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Nothing but classic fun. Merry Christmas!

Celestial Charms said...

Fabulous vintage book collection. A delight. Thanks for showing us.
You have such a treasure chest of vintage goodies, which is why I always pop into your blog!
Maureen

Tina Dawn said...

What a darling happy little snowman. He brightened up a very cold day. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You have such a wonderful collection. Some of these I've never seen or heard of. Twyla

Yolanda said...

this brings back so many warm memories for me.thanks for sharing this.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love your books! I've never seen a Twelve Days of Christmas book.
I love to buy different versions of The Night Before Christmas because it was the first book I ever read!

Heidi Ann said...

Lindsey - funny you should mention The Night Before Christmas books - watch for an upcoming post!