Sunday, November 2, 2008

Then And Now #18 - Band-Aids

The advertisement shown below is from 1958:
I don't think they sell any of them in tins anymore. Luckily, we saved some of them, and I actually buy them in the box and then take them out and use them out of the tins. There was a commemorative limited edition tin a couple of years ago, and I wanted to buy one, but I never found it. I really do like to use older things rather than new whenever I can. I'm kind of a freak that way.
I went through an awful lot of Band-Aids when I delivered mail. Paper cuts, knuckle nicks, and other injuries were a frequent occurrence. I had my own supply always handy because I only use Band-Aid brand. I bought cheaper ones and didn't like them. I really found it to be true that Band-Aid brand holds up better.
I would buy them in every shape and size, and I used all of them. The Flexible Fabric ones stayed on the best through hand-washings and constant use of your hands.
Maybe this a kind of a weird post? Consider it your little first-aid lesson of the day.

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

When I was first married, we bought a bottle of asprin and whenever I bought a new one, I would empty it into the original bottle. I have done this for 30 years. You're not weird. Twyla

Barbara said...

If this is a weird post, count me weird, too, because I also save the tins!

Heidi Ann said...

Twyla and Barbara - So, i see that I'm NOT the only one who does these kinds of things! So many types of older packaging were just nicer and prettier!

Tina Dawn said...

I love the ones shaped like an H. So handy and they stay on great. Love T