Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Sally!


I have watched her and loved her for YEARS. Since "Gidget" and "The Flying Nun", I've followed her performances on through her tour de force as "Sybil", and then to her Oscar-winning roles in "Norma Rae" and "Places In The Heart"; she has been no less than fabulous. I bought this Flying Nun LP on ebay. My favorite song that she sang on the show wasn't included, unfortunately.
This movie, "Maybe I'll Come Home In The Spring" was an ABC Movie Of The Week in 1971. Jackie Cooper and Eleanor Parker played her parents. I LOVED those movies - I remember so many of them- they were great. I wish I could find a few more of my favorites on DVD. I was very happy when I found this one!
And now I am thoroughly enjoying her in "Brothers And Sisters" on ABC. It's a great show- do you watch it, too?
I hope this wonderful and talented lady has a very Happy Birthday, indeed!

7 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I Like her, I really Like her! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Of course I loved The Flying Nun, but her Boniva commercials make me feel really, really old, and I do not like that! My childhood role model should not be hawking osteoporosis products. If she starts advertising Depends, I'll know it's all over for me.

Emily said...

I love Brothers and Sisters!! I watch every week!!

Emily said...

I love Brothers and Sisters!!

Tina Dawn said...

Happy birtday Sally. I too loved Gidget. I have to admit I identified more with her best friend Larue than I did with Gidget though. I have the movie Heroes with Sally and Henry Winkler on VHS. It was filmed in and near Inverness, CA, one of my favorite places, in the early 70's. She is just so cute, I want to pinch her cheek. Love T

Anonymous said...

Love Gidget. She is so perky, sweet, and it just makes for a good evening with popcorn and a glass of iced tea.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, doesn't "Gidget" look like she's wearing a plain ole bra and underwear se? Funny! Of course I love Sally. She and I have the same chipmunk cheeks!