Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Goldie!


Happy birthday to Goldie! ( Picture above from Life Magazine 1968) She has been delightful to watch - from earlier movies like "The One And Only Original Genuine Family Band" and "Cactus Flower",
to "Laugh-In" and everything in between:
from "There's A Girl In My Soup" to "Butterflies Are Free", "The Sugarland Express", "Shampoo" to "Death Becomes Her", "Bird On A Wire", "Overboard", and, well, pretty much everything she's ever done. I have thoroughly enjoyed SO many movies she has starred in! I'm afraid I haven't seen them ALL - perhaps some day! But I sure do like her a lot.
My friend Kari gave this book to my sister when we were there for a visit. I just got it from her the other day -haven't read it ....yet.
Happy birthday, Goldie - you are a delight - and say hello to that handsome man of yours for me!

3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I wanted to be just like Goldie when I was 11 or 12. Twyla

Sandra Evertson said...

Love it!
Great retro blog!
Sandra Evertson

Tina Dawn said...

You are only 3 degrees away from Goldie. My dear hubby played baseball with Kurt in their younger years. They don't keep in touch but one of their other friends goes hunting with him occasionally. Love T