Monday, October 6, 2008

Appointments Today

I find that if I don't make my next dental appointments for cleaning before I leave the office, I wind up putting it off too long. So today's appointment was made six months ago. When I was a little girl, I was absolutely petrified every time I had to go to the dentist. Not any more - we have the nicest dentist in town, it's actually a pleasure to see him!
I also have an appointment this afternoon with a cardiologist. They fit me in when they were able, and it wasn't until after the appointment was made that I realized it fell on the same date that Daddy died - from heart failure - 31 years ago today. He was only one year older than I am now. I just felt that I needed a consultation, at least, and maybe some tests, because I do a have a number of risk factors for heart disease.
I will have some questions for the doctor....

5 comments:

Bella Della said...

Hope your appointments go well. I hate those sort of things, especially the dentist :)

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a healthy heart and good news at the dentist and doctor!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I'm glad you've got a sweet dentist. I have a sweet dentist, myself. She is such a gentle person and loves to hear about my kids. This relaxes me and I've been very faithful to my dentist appointments since finding her.

Check out my blog! I posted my give away picture. Thank you once again for all the goodies. I really do like them. They are sweet little things I would pick out for myself.

Karen Jo said...

Let me know how your appointment went! Love, Deb

Tina Dawn said...

I am sorry you were afraid of our dentist. I don't remember being scared myself but I probably was. Later I went to work for one of them, so I guess not too badly scared. Let me know about the cardiologist. Love T